Include These Top 5 Proteins To Accelerated Your Fat Loss
Top 5 Proteins to Accelerate Your Fat Loss…
If you read my article about “The Importance Of Eating Lean Protein For Fat Loss” you will know that including a lean protein source with your main 3 meals… Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner… is crucial for accelerated fat loss!
And Here Is Why?
By regularly adding lean Proteins to your diet… Your Fat Burning Potential increases for the following 2 Key Reasons:
1. Protein helps maintain and increase your muscle mass which increases your natural metabolic rate… allowing you to burn more calories without extra exercise or dieting. Imagine for a second… your muscles to be like an engine that requires fuel to run… the bigger the engine the more fuel is required for it to run… so the bigger your engine – your muscles – the more calories you burn naturally.
2. Protein boosts your metabolism through Thermogenesis – a process which happens during digestion and increases the temperature of your body… causing it to burning more calories naturally
Now that we know that eating protein is great for accelerated fat loss and building muscle… you are probably asking…
What Are The Best Proteins?
Well… when choosing the best proteins for accelerated fat loss we need to consider two things:
1. The bio-availablity of the protein… how much of the protein is actually digestible… and
2. The amount of protein in the food
The following are what I consider to be the Best Proteins for Accelerated Fat Loss:
1. New Zealand Whey Protein Isolates – From cows raised naturally in New Zealand without hormones. Top on the list for bio-availability and have 90g of Protein per 100g – 0g fat and Carbs. I prefer to have Whey Protein Isolates in my recovery shake whith some fruit immediately after a hard workout. The high glycemic load of the fruit will cause an insulin spike which will shuttle the protein in my body where it is need most with very little fat gain spill over.
2. Whole Eggs and Egg Whites – are a great choice as they are loaded with omega 3s, Minerals, Nutrients, and Vitamins. They are highly bio-available and are a great protein source. Normally I enjoy eating whole eggs first thing in the morning and egg whites in between meals when I am really hungry.
3. Seafood (Fish) – is also a great source of protein and is highly bio-available. If you are looking for a fast acting easy to digest source stick with white fish like taliapa, tuna, and shrimp. Otherwise wild salmon is a good choice as it is also a good source of omega 3s.
Foods That Burn Fat
4. Beef – lean cuts are preferred for losing fat fast. Beef is also very highly bio-available and again contains a lot of essential vitamins and minerals which are essential for energy. I spoke with a naturopath recently and she reminded me not to over cook beef as the heat will destroy the essential vitamins. Medium is the way to go.
5. Skinless Chicken Breasts – are another good source of bio-available protein with 16 grams of protein per 100 grams. Two of my favourite ways to cook chicken is to spice and sear the breasts in coconut oil and then pop them into the oven… or even in a slow cooker with some hearty vegetables.
Well there you have it… My Top 5 Proteins For Accelerated Fat Loss.
Rotate them into your diet regularly and you will see and feel the difference.
Here’s to the benefits of healthy eating!